Please read the following Terms and Conditions very carefully before using the gohive.org website. This agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for the usage of the website by you. By using any of the services on www.gohive.org in any manner, including but not limited to visiting and browsing the website or contributing any content, information, or other materials or services to the website, you agree that you are bound by this agreement.
Any contribution on gohive.org by any individual or organization, should not be construed as an investment in any form, whatsoever. We do not provide any financial return in any form whatsoever, including but not limited to financial securities (debt or equity), interest, dividend, profit share, rewards in cash or kind, to individuals or organizations that contribute on gohive.org.
Gohive.org is a web-based platform which is acting as an enabler for social or donation crowdfunding to help people, called “donors”, who donate money for the social projects / campaigns that are created on Gohive.org by the “campaigners”.
Gohive.org is owned by GoHive Social Ventures Limited, Singapore which is incorporated as a Public Limited Company in Singapore under section 19(4) of the Companies Act with a Unique Entity No. (UEN) 201905347H, with registered office at 5 Coleman Street, #02-17 Peninsula Excelsior Hotel, Singapore 179805, hereinafter referred to as “GOHIVE”.
The term “we”, “us”, “our” shall mean GoHive Social Ventures Limited, Singapore, and the term “you” and “your” referred to herein shall deem to mean the User. The term “website” refers to the web-based platform hosted on www.gohive.org domain.
Only users above the age of 18 years are eligible to use the services provided on our website. GOHIVE reserve the right to terminate the registration of any registered user and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to the notice of GOHIVE or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
- GOHIVE is a web-based social or donation crowdfunding platform and our website merely provides platform services which can be utilized by Users (being Donors and Campaigners) and persons browsing / visiting our website to reach a larger base of people, organizations and causes. GOHIVE is only providing a platform for communication and it is agreed that the transactions whether gratuitous or otherwise shall always be bipartite between the Donor and the Campaigner.
- Our website is a platform that Donors utilize to meet and interact with various Campaigners and the representatives of several non-profit organizations based on the representations of the campaigns started by such person(s) and/or a cause supported by such Campaigners and Non-Profit Organisations, enter into transactions for making contributions or sharing information. All information provided about the campaigns, is that which is provided by the respective campaigner initiating the campaign and the non- profit organizations for which/on behalf of who the campaigns have been started to raise funds.
- The User acknowledges that GOHIVE is only an intermediary technology platform and GOHIVE does not verify the bona fides and genuineness of campaigns, GOHIVE cannot and does not verify specific data provided by Campaigner. Therefore, GOHIVE shall not in any manner be responsible or held accountable for any transaction between the Users.
- GoHive has limited control over all campaigns and information listed and / or advertised on our website the campaign generated information and is merely an intermediary and does not interfere in the transaction between Donors and Campaigners.
- It is hereby clarified that at no time shall GoHive hold any right, title or interest over the funds or rewards (except to the extent as stated herein) or have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such providing the same to the Donor. GoHive is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of the campaign by the Campaigner.
- A Campaigner is bound and legally liable to provide accurate, true and correct information in respect of the details of the cause for which the campaign is hosted for and raising funds on our website.
- A Campaigner shall ensure that the description of the campaign must not be misleading and must describe need and use of the funds to be raised. GOHIVE reserves the right to delete your campaign if it is brought to the notice of GOHIVE that the information provided by you is false, does not depict the true nature of the campaign or is misleading in any manner.
- A Campaigner shall ensure that the information and the fundraiser do not infringe upon the intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy rights of third parties. Campaign listings may only include text descriptions, graphics and pictures that describe your campaign and the need and the use of the funds raised. No rewards or promotions to be offered through our website.
- It shall, at all times, be the responsibility of the Campaigner to furnish the Donor with accurate progress report and any other information that may be required by the Donor to track the utilization of the funds donated by the Donor to the Campaigner via GOHIVE.
- You further agree that by listing your campaign on our website, you shall, at all times, abide by various country specific laws applicable to You.
- Any person who fulfils the eligibility criteria set out in this document above shall be permitted to donate an amount higher than USD 10 to any campaign started/listed on the Website by any of the Campaigner (“Donor”).
- The Donor hereby agrees to make the payments for any campaign as per the terms and conditions stated herein.
- The Donor further agrees and declares that the Donor is aware that GOHIVE has no responsibility to verify the accuracy of any statement and/or information furnished by the Campaigner with respect to any campaign pursuant to which the Donor has donated moneys(s) for any campaign via our website.
- The Donor shall conduct their independent due diligence with respect to any information/campaign listed by a Campaigner (which includes the non- profit organizations) before making any donations on the Website as GOHIVE shall not be responsible in any manner for any misrepresentation and/or false information that may be listed on the website.
- For every fundraiser that raises funds on GOHIVE, the system runs a thorough and in-depth check on the legitimacy of each donor’s profile. In case of intimation of donations coming in from fraudulent sources, the compliance team holds the right to refund the transactions.
- In the event a campaign is listed by any person on behalf of a non –profit organization, the Donor shall approach only the particular non- profit organization for which the Donor has donated the money to track the utilization of the funds or any other information that may be required by the Donor. The Donor hereby agrees and declares that the Donor is aware that GOHIVE shall at no point of time be held answerable or accountable for any money(s) once the funds donated have been handed over to the non-profit organization in respect of which donations have been made.
User Account and Registration Obligations
When You use our website or send emails or other data, information or communication to GOHIVE, You agree and understand that You are communicating with GOHIVE through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from GOHIVE periodically and as and when required. GOHIVE may communicate with You by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
In the current beta run, GOHIVE does not charge either the campaigner or the donor. It is following a ZERO fee free service as a give-back to the society.
Charges by Payment Gateways
Payment gateways, such as PayPal or Stripe, deducts transaction charges as per their pricing policy for each country of origination/destination. Please check their pricing policy for country specific pricing plans before initiating transaction on GOHIVE. GOHIVE is in no way associated with any of the payment gateways, including PayPal or Stripe.
You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by GOHIVE is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through, collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the GOHIVE Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure Credit Card payment gateway networks and settlement service providers. Further, by providing Payment Facility, GOHIVE is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
The Donor / Contributor acknowledge that GOHIVE will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction / Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction / Transaction Price which is beyond control of GOHIVE.
General Rules Our Website Usage
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of our website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- belongs to another person and to which You does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women”;
- is misleading in any way;
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights [including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains a video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult).
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to our website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior express and written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes, or the buying or selling of “virtual” items related to our website;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which GOHIVE, in Our sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Website or any other individual’s user and enjoyment of similar services;
- harms minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of Singapore, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve our right to bar any such activity.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network, neither connected to the Website nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to Website, or any other customer, including any account on the Website not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Website.
- You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about GOHIVE or the brand name or domain name used by GOHIVE, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of GOHIVE on any platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any of GOHIVE’s trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that You will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or GOHIVE systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to GOHIVE.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.
- You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal You send to us on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that You are, or that You represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- From time to time, You shall be responsible for providing information relating to the donations / contributions made by you and required to be disclosed under applicable laws. In this connection, You undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects and that only You shall be solely responsible for any incorrect or knowingly false information provided by You.
- Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
- It is possible that other Users (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Website and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to your use of the Website, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure You. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Website You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website. Please carefully select the type of information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website.
- GOHIVE shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
- GOHIVE facilitates the Donation transaction between Campaigners and Donors, but is not a party to any agreement between a Campaigner and a Donor, or between any user and a Charity. GOHIVE is not a broker, agent, financial institution, creditor or insurer for any user. GOHIVE has no control over the conduct of, or any information provided by a Campaigner or a Charity, and GOHIVE hereby disclaims all liability in this regard. Anyone is free to report issues related to a Campaign on GOHIVE, and GOHIVE will take necessary action to the best of its abilities.
- GOHIVE does not guarantee that a Campaign or a Charity will obtain a certain amount of Donations or any Donations at all. We do not personally endorse any Campaign, Campaigner, or Charity, and we make no guarantee, explicit or implied, that any information provided through the Services by a user is accurate. We expressly disclaim any liability or responsibility for the success of any Campaign, or the outcome of any fundraising purpose. You, as a Donor, must make the final determination as to the value and appropriateness of contributing to any Campaign, Campaigner, or Charity. You can write to us for any clarification, and we shall make our best effort to share the information that we have.
- While we try our best to do so, we cannot and do not verify 100% of the information that Campaigners supply. We try our best to see that Donations are used in accordance with the stated fundraising purpose; we also collect documents before disbursing Donations to the Campaigner in many cases. However, please understand that we cannot guarantee that 100% of the time Donations will be used in accordance with any fundraising purpose prescribed by a Campaigner or Charity. We assume no responsibility to verify whether the Donations are used in accordance with any applicable laws, and such responsibility rests solely with the Campaigner or Charity, as applicable. While we have no legal obligation to verify that the use of any funds raised is in accordance with applicable law and these Terms of Service, we try to do the verifications for many campaigns and more important we take possible fraudulent activity and the misuse of funds raised very seriously. If you have reason to believe that a Campaigner or Charity is not raising or using the funds for their stated purpose, please alert our team of this potential issue and we will investigate to the best of our abilities.
- You, as a Campaigner, represent, warrant, and covenant that (i) all information you provide in connection with a Campaign is accurate, complete, and not otherwise designed to mislead, defraud or deceive any user; and (ii) all Donations contributed to your Campaign will be used solely as described in the materials that you post; and (iii) you will comply with all relevant local, state, and Union laws applicable to you when you solicit funds, particularly but not limited to laws relating to your marketing and solicitation for your project. We reserve the right to provide information relating to your Campaign with donors and beneficiaries of your Campaign, and with law enforcement or to assist in any investigation.
- The terms and conditions that apply to a Campaigner are:
- You are solely responsible for utilizing the funds for the Purpose mentioned in our fund-raising page. GOHIVE is not responsible in any way whatsoever towards the end utilization of funds.
- This fund-raising page on the Platform will be available to the general public for contributions from the time you published the page on the Platform, and if your campaign is not rejected by GOHIVE. You may or may not be able to raise the targeted amount in the designated period. GOHIVE can reject your fundraiser for inappropriate or insufficient content, at its sole discretion.
- GOHIVE will not be responsible in any way whatsoever on the amount of contributions received. It will be your sole responsibility to address any query on objection, from a donor, in regards to the utilisation of funds.
- GOHIVE will collect contributions online, and will send the contributions to your designated bank account upon completion of statutory verification. You can raise withdrawal requests post approval of the campaign by GOHIVE. GOHIVE will process fund transfer, post receipt of your withdrawal request.
- You understand that GOHIVE or its affiliates do not own the funds. At the time of transfer of funds, you will receive contributions net of Payment Gateway Fees, and/or local applicable taxes.
- If you are an organization, eligible to issue tax deduction certificates to your donors, GOHIVE will facilitate the process. However, it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you have the necessary approvals and certificates to issue such tax-deductible receipts to your donors. GOHIVE will not have any liability, in any form whatsoever, in this regard.
- You hereby indemnify and agree to keep indemnified and hold safe and harmless GOHIVE, its Directors, employees and agents against all such liabilities or claims and also against any loss or damage that may arise on the Party, its Directors, employees and agents on account of acts of omission, utilization of funds by us on anything other than the stated Purpose, lack of necessary regulatory approvals for receipt of funds in any form or for carrying out the activities required for execution of the Purpose. The indemnities if any shall survive beyond the period of the Agreement. Please read details of the indemnities in a section below in this page.
- In no event will the GOHIVE be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages (including loss of profit or business), howsoever arising, whether under contract, tort or otherwise, even if informed of the possibility of the same.
Contents Posted on Site
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
- This Website, all the materials and information (including but not limited to campaigns) and services, included or otherwise made available to You through this site are provided on a “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, GOHIVE does not warrant that: This Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading save and except as provided herein and which information is provided by the Campaigner themselves and none that which is provided or verified by GOHIVE.
- GOHIVE will not be liable to You in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. Nothing on the Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
- You will be required to enter a valid phone number and e-mail address while making a donation / contribution on the Website. By registering Your phone number and e-mail address with us, You consent to be contacted by us and/or the Campaigner via phone calls and / or SMS notifications, in case of any delivery related updates. We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS unless the same is consented to by you, unless the same is consented to by you.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. GOHIVE AND ITS AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
GOHIVE AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
- The Campaigner shall indemnify and hold harmless GOHIVE, its owner, licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, group companies (as applicable) and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, against all claim, actions, penalties, prosecution, proceedings demand losses, disputes, charges, penalty, costs and expenses including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that may arise or may be incurred by GOHIVE as consequence of any default, breach, non-observance, non-performance or negligent act whatsoever by the Campaigner of any terms , conditions, stipulations, provisions and/or violation of any law, rules or regulations or the rights (including infringement of intellectual property rights) of a third party more particularly stated herein and/or in any individual agreements executed by GOHIVE and the User.
- You agree to release, indemnify and hold GOHIVE and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agents harmless from any from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Services, any Donation, any loan, any Campaign, any User Content, your connection to the Services, your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of another.
The User hereby agree and state that GOHIVE is only a service provider to enable the Non profit organizations and Campaigner to market/publicize/create awareness/advertise their respective cause/campaigns and GOHIVE shall in no way be responsible for the performance and/or liable for any mis-representation of any information provided by the Campaigner in any manner whatsoever and the User hereby waives his/her/their/its right to bring any action/cause/dispute against GOHIVE for any reason whatsoever.
You agree that GOHIVE, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Services and remove and discard any content within the Services, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if GOHIVE believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Services, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. GOHIVE may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Services under any provision of this Terms of Service may be affected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that GOHIVE may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Services. Further, you agree that GOHIVE will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Services.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Services and GOHIVE will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. GOHIVE reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Services.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and GOHIVE and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and GOHIVE with respect to the Services. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third party services, third party content or third party software. These Terms of Service will be governed by the laws of Singapore without regard to its conflict of law provisions. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration, as set forth above, you and GOHIVE agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal courts located in Singapore. The failure of GOHIVE to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms of Service remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You may not assign these Terms of Service without the prior written consent of GOHIVE, but GOHIVE may assign or transfer these Terms of Service, in whole or in part, without restriction. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Services may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Services.
Please send any questions or comments regarding this website to info[email protected]