‘User information’ is a collective term used for the representation of personal information such as, but not limited to, name, email, phone number, gender, address, user profile images, the username and password of the registered user. By using gohive.org and its services, you consent to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information:
You can browse the GOHIVE website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself, if you have not signed in to GOHIVE website. But to register as a user on GOHIVE, edit your user information, donate to a project or create a fundraising project you need to provide certain information about yourself which will be used to provide a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience to you.
We collect and store/process the following information:
- Personal information (such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, gender, and country of residence) that you provide to us during user registration process
- Your log in and password details in connection with the user sign in process
- The full details of any request or transaction that you have made through the website
- All communications that you send to us, such as for example when you report a problem or submit an inquiry, concern, or a comment regarding the website or any of its content
- All information that you post on the website in the form of comments or contributions to a discussion
- Your geographic location through your IP address
- Your donation history and your projects history
Use of Personal Information:
Our intent to collect your personal information is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. The personal information that you have provided at our website will be used in one or more of the following:
- Successfully be able to identify you every time you sign in as a registered user
- Enable us to provide you with a wide range of services, resolve disputes & help troubleshoot problems
- Send you all the information that we think you might find useful or which you have personally requested from us
- Present projects to you when you use our website based on your geographic location and your previous interests you have shown in the projects posted on our website
- Successfully administer your user information with us
- Enable us to be able to contact you regarding any question that you have made through the website
- Analyse the usage of the website and the people who are visiting it so that we can further improve the content and services available
- Provide your contact information (your name and email) to the campaigners in case if you have any further queries for them or vice versa
- We may use some user information for the sole purpose of maintaining and understanding user analytics and behaviour on the website. For example, we may choose to disclose the number of current users on the website, total and average contribution data, nationality of all the contributors, etc.
Also note the following about your personal information:
- Some of your personal information details (name, email address, contribution amount) are ONLY provided to the campaigners that you have chosen to fund and no one else
- The website does not use any of your personal information details for a purpose other than but not limited to sending you emails and notifications regarding your contributions and their current status, update on all campaigns that you have funded, resolve queries that you or the website may have, and sending website newsletters or emails about new campaigns launched on the website (you can choose to opt out from receiving this information)
Use of Payment Details While Making a Donation
The transaction you made using your credit or debit card, PayPal, Stripe, or any other payment gateway goes through the safe and secure transaction process that has been provided by our payment gateway partner. Please note that your debit/credit card details are not shared with the campaigner nor stored anywhere by GOHIVE. They will remain safe with the certified payment gateway such as PayPal or Stripe. The same applies for your PayPal or Stripe account as well.
Third party Links and Their Privacy Policies
An HTTP cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing internet. HTTP Cookies are useful for us to enable the browser in remembering information specific to a user of our website. The HTTP cookies we use do not contain any of your personally identifiable information. No other personal or confidential information is collected through HTTP cookies without your given consent.
Security of Your Personal Information
We adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting your personal information against unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration. We use the industry’s standard measures to protect all personal information that you have provided to us and is securely stored in the database. We limit the access to your personal information only to those employees and contractors who need access to it in order to properly perform their job function, such as for instance our customer service personnel.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share personal information with our other subsidiaries, affiliates or partners to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple / duplicate registrations to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you may request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. Those entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt for it. These parties are provided information only to the extent necessary to serve the purpose, or as authorized by this policy.
Apart from the purpose described above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless:
- We need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process,
- An emergency situation requiring disclosure before your permission can be obtained, such as the situations involving potential threat to personal safety, or
- To protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person